Saturday, September 15, 2012

Major Aggravations

This week I have come to a pass where it is no longer a coincidence that I seem to be missing fringe folks in my Tree's. I came across the reference to the Dybbuk Box to which the most recent owner has the surname Neitzke and is from the general area as a spouse I just added into my work recently. I made a note about the box as it is featured in the newest horror flick, "The Posession".

Yet coming back to my tree's to coordinate data I cannot find a Neitzke at all and their are whole chunks missing. I have yet to check my backup files but finding a cousin featured in the news and then losing the information to fact check is highly aggravating. This also comes along with the news that I have a rare genetic form of anemia requiring transfusions and the only other recorded cases are from a singular family line in the Island nation of Sardinia. Within my Father's genealogical work their is also a claim of Jewish ancestry though the family claimed to be Mennonites when they populated the United States.

Another note is that I received my invitation to Ancestry DNA but was unable to accept it in time. My Father had his results updated from the Y-DNA panel he had done to the new system. His results were interesting especially when searching for Jewish ancestry. DNA testing results for him list- 54% Central European, 35% British Isles, 8% Scandinavian, and 3% uncertain. According to the given information this counter balances the data which gives no notion of Jewish ancestry for the bulk of his tree. History of course shows that most families changed their names and locales to escape persecutions. As for now my Father jokingly claims that the 3% uncertain is due to a crumb that must have contaminated his swab from the snack he had before hand.

##Update##. I have located the confusion as a name scramble. My relative's surname was Lietzke but the records are still missing from my old backup and recent live files on Ancestry.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment